Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Let's cherish every moment we have been given

Two very special people in our lives have birthdays this month.  They play such an important role in the lives of our children, and they are a constant source of encouragement for my husband and me.
Happy Birthday!


Grandma is Mr. Neoclassical's mother.  She keeps us in stitches with her unique humor.  She's been quite the source of advice for raising boys (since there are only girls in my family).  Most of her advice is purely tongue-in-cheek, making it all the more precious.  We visited them last summer and she entertained Irish Jig with stories and albums.





Papa is my daddy.  I inherited his sense of humor (and his nose).  He's really wonderful with all of his grandchildren here, but most especially with Zydeco.  (I think it's because they are both the little brothers). This picture was taken during the pumpkin carving fiasco celebration last Halloween.  His advice is always given off-hand, as if it's not to be taken as gospel, but just to be seriously considered.

We know that our children are blessed to have all four of their grandparents available to them.  While we live very far from both sets, they make great efforts to stay up-to-date and in-touch with the kids.  And so do I - hence this blog!  We truly appreciate the role models set by our parents, as married couples and as parents.  They don't always agree with our decisions, but they always support us and our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!