Friday, October 12, 2012

A-tisket, a-tasket

Nearly a year ago, Jazz requested a basket for her bicycle. She had starry visions of toting dolls, games, and snacks down the street to a friend's house to play. I said "sure, of course" and proceeded to check blogs and pinterest for ideas. Surely a bicycle basket should be made, right? Who wants plastic from Wal-Mart? (Uhm, never mind the bike probably came from Wal-Mart...)

I found this lovely idea from Anna at Noodlehead and this one from Christie at A Lemon Squeezy Home (love the monkey!). I had grand plans, my friends, to create a sweet, personalized basket just for Jazz. Then one month passed and another....and another....and this project just never made it to the top of the list. I think the major reason for putting it off was the seasonal mildew we seem to live with here in the wet, swampy South. Outside fabrics just get dingy, no matter how we treat, wash or protect the objects. (I just reread that statement and thought, "great, now everyone will think our home is covered in mold." Not true. :)

Anyway, I was perusing the local Goodwill store a few weeks ago collecting white tee shirts for another project. I passed the home goods section and saw the basket display. A light bulb went off!


Simple ties, coordinated of course, to affix the basket to the handle bar and we were in business. If it gets dingy, I'll burn it in the backyard fire pit and not loose any sleep. Jazz is thrilled as you can see -


And that's all that matters, after all :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!