Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks be to God whose love has gathered us this day

Our Domestic Church wishes you a fabulous, delicious, and laughter filled Thanksgiving. We're leaving in a few hours to spend the evening with wonderful friends. Their older children will spoil ours with attention.

Grinding figs, dates, and nuts for the cookie filling

Jazz helped me prepare the filling for my grandmother's fig cookies. She willingly worked the grinder handle while I watched the boiling pot of honey, marmalade and spices.  We'll be baking tomorrow. We spend Black Friday together decorating cookies, drinking cocoa and making "pie-in-the-sky" wish lists for Christmas. Inspired by my tour of Little Italy, I am delving into the world of filled, rolled, fig cookies.

Enjoy your day, where ever you are.

3 comments:

  1. Yum......always loved visiting your house after you Mom had returned from Ponchatoula with the Italian cookies. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you this year? We were discussing cultural foods on the Thanksgiving table and I told the kids about the merliton dish that your family always served. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to love those fig cookies! And the seasame seed ones too! I hope yours are as good as the original receipe. I love those memories!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!