Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Well it's my birthday too, yeah

It's true - Jazz and I have birthdays only a day apart. With Zydeco's birthday barely one week earlier, we usually dive into vats of buttercream frosting, coming up only for the occasional vegetable. This year, we decided to change things up a bit and have each birthday celebrant choose their favorite dessert for their special dinner. Actually, they choose the dinner, too.

Zydeco opted for nachos heaped with his favorite array of toppings. He followed this with Snickerdoodle cupcakes which, as he put it, were sweet without being overly sickening. Proving that he really isn't my child, he walked away with half a cupcake to go. Then again, the rest of us just dream of his abs and waistband :)



Jazz's dinner of choice was her Daddy's homemade mac-n-cheese. It was absolutely divine and was followed by a visit to the new snowball stand. They advertise "New Orleans style" snowballs and they don't disappoint.



Preparation of my dinner choice is underway. Delicious strozzapreti with sides of sauteed zucchini and glazed carrots. Yum!

After mentioning several weeks ago that I'd always wanted to try an ice cream cake, my children decided that's what my dessert should be. I can't wait! It's fun to be spoiled :)

Today's post title is still The Beatles Birthday



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!