Friday, January 13, 2012

The Mardi Gras mambo mambo mambo

It's that awesome time of year, folks!  I was raised in New Orleans (well, in a suburb of) and I have fond memories of Mardi Gras celebrations.  Many posts to come on those, I am sure.  The best part of the season is, of course, that first King Cake of the year.  Traditionally served on Epiphany, this cake represents the visit of the Three Kings to the Baby Jesus.  I will make many a King Cake this season, but this time we were gifted a "real" New Orleans King Cake by my fabulous mother - Nana!


So, Nana, your grandchildren loved you already.  This just put you over the top.  I opened the overnight parcel and proceeded to decorate the table in preparation for the children coming home from school.  Sugar induced comas were had by all!

 

 It's Mardi Gras season, y'all.  Let the jazz music flow!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your blog is up and running! I just realized I never answered your e-mail about the pictures. I better get onto that!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!